Every year at Great Northern War (which is the *best* event in the Northern Reaches of Lochac and everyone should come - second weekend in June - book now) our household - MoralezBeaumont (and friends) come together and set tasks to challenge ourselves. We also reflect on our achievements over the last year.
There are five core elements that we try also maintain during this period. They are
- Contribute to the SCA through service or teaching
- Display heraldry
- Improve yourself, or learn new skills (this is where the personal tasks sit - but it's not restricted to this)
- Show hospitality, be courteous, and generally be well behaved ;)
- Be mindful of your appearance.
Ok my tasks from Great Northern War were to:
- Survive the reign (tick)
- Enjoy the reign (still reflecting on that)