Here's a pic of the catamount on his tabard. (Yes, it probably could do with a wash....)
I was really lucky to find that the height of the part of his tabard was the same (slightly larger) than the chief on the banner so that means transferring the pattern was just about copying rather than enlarging. This is how I went about it - fairly simple really.
I used some wax free baking paper and just simply traced with a pencil.
I then glued it onto a manila folder and cut it out
And then used the cardboard cut out to draw the outline onto the banner. I folded in half to get the middle. I used a pin to make holes so I could use my favourite disolvable pen to draw the internal design for painting.
And here is the final result.